Various operations, including all the Geneious Biologics annotation pipelines (Antibody Annotator, NGS Antibody Annotator and Single Cell Antibody Annotator) allow you to save your settings as Profiles. This can be useful for saving and re-running tailored settings - for example Antibody Sequence Liabilities - on different dataset types. Profiles can be set as private to an individual user, or shared across an organization.
- What is a profile?
- How to create a profile
Applying a profile to your analysis
What is a profile?
A Profile is a set of saved settings for various operations - including the annotation analysis pipelines - in Geneious Biologics. Profiles can be saved and applied at the bottom of most of our operations. The example below shows the Profiles section at the bottom of NGS Antibody Annotator:
The following operations allow you to create and save profiles:
- All Pre-processing options (eg. Batch Assemble Sanger Sequences or Collapse UMI Duplicates and Separate Barcodes)
- All Annotation options (Antibody Annotator, NGS Antibody Annotator and Single Cell Antibody Annotator)
- Most Post-processing and Export operations, both from within a result and when multiple results are selected. This includes: Compare Results, Add Clusters, Extract and Recluster, Sequence Alignment, Exporting Annotated Sequences and Sequence Tables and more.
Note that Profiles are specific to the operation they were created with - a profile created for Antibody Annotator cannot be selected for NGS Antibody Annotator.
What options are saved when creating a profile?
All the selected options are saved when creating a profile. For example, if you save a profile with a certain set of Antibody Sequence Liabilities, then these settings will be remembered and applied when you select this profile again.
How to create a profile
To create or "save" a profile, first input all the settings you would like for this particular analysis. This might include specifying custom sequence liabilities and assets, the Reference database(s) used or any custom clusters.
Following this, navigate to the bottom of the operation dialogue and click Save As:
You can save the settings as a:
- The profile will only be visible to you, the current user
New Shared Profile
- The profile will be accessible by anyone in your organization
Override an existing Profile
- This will save the current settings to an existing profile, potentially changing any existing settings
After selecting what kind of Profile you would like to create, you can give the Profile an easily recognizable name before clicking Create Profile:
Applying a profile
To apply a profile you or a member of your team has previously made, go to the bottom of an operation dialogue (Antibody Annotator in this example) and select Apply Profile:
All the profiles viewable to you (and specific to this operation) will be selectable. Upon selection, all the settings will update to reflect the settings stored in that profile.
To restore the operations to the defaults set by Geneious Biologics, select Default.